TelVue TeleCastTM 2 Release Notes
The TelVue TeleCast 2 multi-rate IP streaming encoder lets you stream your channel 24×7 to multiple destinations including TelVue CloudCast™, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live. Perfect for streaming linear channels on the Internet and live events such as sports, meetings, and community events to reach a broader, even global audience. You can even stream 24×7 for a full-time channel, while selectively sending specific programs live to Social Media. Combined with TelVue CloudCast™, your viewers can watch the live streams on virtually any device, including Macs, PCs, iPads, tablets, iPhone or Android smartphones, and OTT platforms like Roku® and AppleTV. For accessibility, the TeleCast 2 supports 608 Embedded Closed Captions.
2.1.6 – November 30, 2020
- Fix case where streaming may stop after losing and reacquiring source signal.
2.1.5 – October 8, 2020
- Improve upgrade engine for robustness.
2.1.4 – October 6, 2020
- Update to video IO driver, fixes possible intermittent pixelization issue.
- If 3 streams are set to active they may not start on server startup.
2.1.3 – June 29, 2019
- Improve source format auto-detection.
2.1.2 – June 16, 2019
- Streams set as autostart may not autostart.
2.1.0 – January 16, 2020
- 708 captions support.
- Show Hardware / MAC address in Networking Interfaces section.
- Automatically set profile / level based on settings.
- Change 400×224 resolution to true 16:9 412×234.
- Change 23.98 frame rate to 23.976 for precision.
- Mono audio setting removed due to possible stream A/V sync issues.
- Key frame interval was reverting back to 0.5 after saving.
2.0.6 – July 18, 2019
- Disable autofill when filling in destination username and password.
- Prevent saving invalid DNS entries.
- Users were unable to set new IP address through config console.
2.0.5 – April 26, 2019
- Viewing expanded destination panel was showing RTMP even if RTMPS was used.
2.0.4 – April 25, 2019
- Add RTMPS support. RTMPS is required for streaming to Facebook Live as of May 1, 2019 (Facebook deprecated RTMP).
- Automatically convert existing Facebook Live destinations setup with RTMP to RTMPS.
- Changing only autostart for a destination was not persisted.
- Update icon when collapsing and expanding destinations.
- Update tooltip when hovering over destination actions.
2.0.3 – November 16, 2018
- Fix issue that could cause duplicate configuration files to be left behind when destination services are changed.
- Fix issue that could cause the highest quality stream’s audio bitrate to not match what was specified in the User Interface.
2.0.2 – September 10, 2018
- Fixes brief, periodic encoding interruptions during long term operation
2.0.1 – August 15, 2018
- Fix issue where front panel power button may not fully shutdown the server
- Serve preview on port 80
2.0.0 – August 10, 2018
- Responsive, mobile-friendly, HTML5 Web User Interface
- Dashboard with Input Status, Stop/Start Destinations, Preview / Confidence Monitor
- Encoder Preset management with video and audio codec, and adaptive rate settings
- Streaming Destinations management
- Networking management including hostname, DNS, and network interface cards
- System management including Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, Timezone, and manual Restart/Reboot/Shutdown
- About page including hardware and software version information
- LCD support including network IP address management
1.0.0 – June 11, 2018
- RTMP Streaming Encoder
- H.264/AVC Video up to 1080p, AAC Audio
- HD-SDI input, auto-sensing format
- Up to 3 rate Adaptive Bit Rate
- Up to 3 simultaneous active streaming destinations
- Compatible with TelVue CloudCast, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and generic RTMP
- Send to each destination 24×7 or on-demand, such as 24×7 to CloudCast, and on-demand to YouTube and Facebook Live
- Browser-based preview / confidence monitor
- Hardware watchdog timer
- Encoder process monitor with auto-restart