TelVue TeleCastTM 2 Release Notes
The TelVue TeleCast 2 multi-rate IP streaming encoder lets you stream your channel 24×7 to multiple destinations including TelVue CloudCast™, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live. Perfect for streaming linear channels on the Internet and live events such as sports, meetings, and community events to reach a broader, even global audience. You can even stream 24×7 for a full-time channel, while selectively sending specific programs live to Social Media. Combined with TelVue CloudCast™, your viewers can watch the live streams on virtually any device, including Macs, PCs, iPads, tablets, iPhone or Android smartphones, and OTT platforms like Roku® and AppleTV. For accessibility, the TeleCast 2 supports 608 Embedded Closed Captions.
3.0.8 – January 30, 2023
- Support %i ABR stream number variable for additional CDN compatibility.
3.0.7 – June 8, 2022
- Increase max simultaneous destinations to 5.
- Fix usage of custom RTMP ports.
3.0.6 – May 18, 2022
Internal Release Only
3.0.5 – April 5, 2022
- Fix slate scaling when image dimensions are not 4:3 or 16:9.
3.0.4 – March 15, 2022
- Fix destination URL text overlap.
- Fix ABR streams having the same profile metadata for each rate.
3.0.3 – March 1, 2022
- Automatically display CC when present on Dashboard Confidence Monitor.
- Add user manual link to UI footer.
- Update RTMP authentication method for wider CDN compatibility. Legacy authentication is still available.
- Auto refresh slate status on dashboard.
- Add API for source signal status and bitrate.
- Disabling slate when no slate is attached through API did not respond.
- Fix caption data corruption when slate is enabled.
- Output scaling is incorrect when slate is enabled and source format changes.
- Slate status is incorrectly reported when source format changed.
- Add dashboard slate tooltip.
- Active destinations could not be updated when 3 destinations were active.
3.0.2 – February 1, 2022
Internal release only
3.0.1 – January 28, 2022
Internal release only
3.0.0 – January 24, 2022
- Operating System upgrade to the latest Ubuntu Linux Long Term Support for security and performance.
- Allow users to upload slate image for stream blackout. Dashboard toggle to switch between slate and SDI input source.
- API for enabling and disabling slate image for stream blackout.
- API for starting and stoping stream destinations.
2.1.9 – February 28, 2022
- RTMP authentication enhancements for additional CDN support.
2.1.8 – November 1, 2021
Internal release only
2.1.7 – February 10, 2021
- Fix case where lost and restored source signal could be mis-identified leading to the wrong resolution/aspect ratio.
2.1.6 – November 30, 2020
- Fix case where streaming may stop after losing and reacquiring source signal.
2.1.5 – October 8, 2020
- Improve upgrade engine for robustness.
2.1.4 – October 6, 2020
- Update to video IO driver, fixes possible intermittent pixelization issue.
- If 3 streams are set to active they may not start on server startup.
2.1.3 – June 29, 2019
- Improve source format auto-detection.
2.1.2 – June 16, 2019
- Streams set as autostart may not autostart.
2.1.0 – January 16, 2020
- 708 captions support.
- Show Hardware / MAC address in Networking Interfaces section.
- Automatically set profile / level based on settings.
- Change 400×224 resolution to true 16:9 412×234.
- Change 23.98 frame rate to 23.976 for precision.
- Mono audio setting removed due to possible stream A/V sync issues.
- Key frame interval was reverting back to 0.5 after saving.
2.0.6 – July 18, 2019
- Disable autofill when filling in destination username and password.
- Prevent saving invalid DNS entries.
- Users were unable to set new IP address through config console.
2.0.5 – April 26, 2019
- Viewing expanded destination panel was showing RTMP even if RTMPS was used.
2.0.4 – April 25, 2019
- Add RTMPS support. RTMPS is required for streaming to Facebook Live as of May 1, 2019 (Facebook deprecated RTMP).
- Automatically convert existing Facebook Live destinations setup with RTMP to RTMPS.
- Changing only autostart for a destination was not persisted.
- Update icon when collapsing and expanding destinations.
- Update tooltip when hovering over destination actions.
2.0.3 – November 16, 2018
- Fix issue that could cause duplicate configuration files to be left behind when destination services are changed.
- Fix issue that could cause the highest quality stream’s audio bitrate to not match what was specified in the User Interface.
2.0.2 – September 10, 2018
- Fixes brief, periodic encoding interruptions during long term operation
2.0.1 – August 15, 2018
- Fix issue where front panel power button may not fully shutdown the server
- Serve preview on port 80
2.0.0 – August 10, 2018
- Responsive, mobile-friendly, HTML5 Web User Interface
- Dashboard with Input Status, Stop/Start Destinations, Preview / Confidence Monitor
- Encoder Preset management with video and audio codec, and adaptive rate settings
- Streaming Destinations management
- Networking management including hostname, DNS, and network interface cards
- System management including Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, Timezone, and manual Restart/Reboot/Shutdown
- About page including hardware and software version information
- LCD support including network IP address management
1.0.0 – June 11, 2018
- RTMP Streaming Encoder
- H.264/AVC Video up to 1080p, AAC Audio
- HD-SDI input, auto-sensing format
- Up to 3 rate Adaptive Bit Rate
- Up to 3 simultaneous active streaming destinations
- Compatible with TelVue CloudCast, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and generic RTMP
- Send to each destination 24×7 or on-demand, such as 24×7 to CloudCast, and on-demand to YouTube and Facebook Live
- Browser-based preview / confidence monitor
- Hardware watchdog timer
- Encoder process monitor with auto-restart