TelVue ProVue® Release Notes
The TelVue ProVue is a reliable, user-friendly IP video decoder that decodes MPEG-2 and H.264 transport streams into broadcast quality SD/HD-SDI, Analog, HDMI or IP video for processing and broadcast. Operation is as simple as selecting your input source IP stream and desired output format. The TelVue ProVue SDI model supports SD/HD-SDI outputs, and the TelVue ProVue Analog model supports Composite, Component, and HDMI outputs. IP Output as encoded Transport stream is available as an option on certain models.
3.9.0 – January 21, 2022
- Operating System upgrade to the latest Ubuntu Linux Long Term Support for security and performance.
3.8.0 – December 21, 2021
- Supports SCTE-104 Automation System API.
3.7.4 – December 3, 2021
- Fix internal issue when captions are first added to a channel when capturing baseband input.
3.7.3 – October 15, 2021
- Fixes silent analog audio for Intensity Pro based systems.
- Corrects switching between SDI input sources when CALM is enabled.
- Correctly stores configuration when mulitple channels switch sources at the same time.
3.7.2 – August 13, 2021
- Automatically resumes audio data transfer for Live Captioning upon internal server interruption.
3.7.1 – June 22, 2021
- Fixes live captioning when the left channel of the source audio is silent.
- Corrects bug preventing operation on Intensity Pro based systems.
3.7.0 – June 4, 2021
- Supports Monitor configuration for IP source channels.
- Clarifies logging of warnings/errors during encoding.
- Adds support for receiving non-local NDI sources across subnets.
- Supports Live Captioning.
- Closed Captions are made available over channel monitor.
- Preserves 708 Closed Captions for SDI and IP sources.
- Preserves Closed Captioning across frame rate conversions.
- Eliminates audio underflow warnings when encoding with AVC default
- Fixes DVD Closed Captions.
3.6.1 – March 26, 2021
- Fix low quality scaling regression issue on baseband output when channel
monitor is enabled.
3.6.0 – August 3, 2020
- Supports Preview and Monitor configurations for confidence
- Supports Secondary Audio Programming (SAP).
- Improves encoding efficiency.
3.5.7 – August 10, 2020
- Fixes a problem that may cause a restart when output settings are changed.
3.5.6 – July 22, 2020
- Adds support for receiving non-local NDI sources across subnets.
- Corrects turning on/off Progressive Segmented Frame (PsF) for 1080p outputs.
- Fixes capturing 1080PsF SDI.
3.5.5 – July 2, 2020
- Initial support for encoding and decoding Secondary Audio Programming (SAP).
- Improves handling of certain NDI sources.
- Fixes audio glitches that may occur when rendering more than two audio channels.
- Fixes an issue when audio is the first stream in a transport and more than two audio channels are output.
3.5.4 – June 12, 2020
- Optimizations for frame rendering when Overlays are enabled.
- Fixes issue affecting shutdown.
3.5.3 – May 26, 2020
- Allows selection of NDI reception quality.
- Fixes audio issues when NDI sources are used with Loudness Control.
- Fixes error recovery when SDI input triggers A/V sync monitoring.
3.5.2 – April 22, 2020
- Incorporates lastest NDI SDK 4.5.
3.5.1 – March 27, 2020
- Additional low level option to repeat last video frame on transition vs. black frame.
- Tighten up recordings to no longer contain leading black frames or silence.
3.5.0 – March 2, 2020
- Support for SDI recording of 16 audio channels, encoding as 8 stereo pairs, and corresponding SDI decode with 16 audio channels. Requires special application configuration.
3.4.4 – February 12, 2020
- Outputs DVD captions on line 21 for Standard Definition SDI output format, in addition to 608VANC.
3.4.3 – February 12, 2020
- Adds A/V sync detection and automatic re-synchronization for NTSC SDI captures.
- Fixes display of Latin character sets in overlays for support of accents and other special characters.
3.4.2 – January 2, 2020
- Fixes a restart issue affecting a particular motherboard/SDI card combination.
- Corrects bitrate calculation when input network stream is interrupted or stopped.
- Fixes bitrate reporting during Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time fall-back hour.
- Optimizes transition between baseband input and network inputs.
- Fixes pausing an encode when no input is present and encoding parameters are based on input format.
3.4.1 – October 15, 2019
- Supports setting multicast TTL for IP Output.
3.4.0 – September 27, 2019
- IP Output support that encodes final output to MPEG-2 Transport (SD/HD, MPEG-2/H.264), and streams to multicast/unicast network destinations. IP Output supports full processing chain including up/down-conversion, graphics, CALM.
- Support new ProVue GFX models. Standalone HD/SD graphics and branding boxes supporting SDI & IP Inputs and Output.
- Adds better handling for very high bit rate content that may strain CPU resources.
- Allows file encoding parameters to be determined by input format.
- Improved memory resource management scheme for protecting playback and encoding during high system load.
- Previously undecodable H.264 content is now playable.
- Fixes occasional brief, auto-restart for particular recent motherboard/driver combination.
3.3.8 – September 6, 2019
Service Release Only
3.3.7 – August 9, 2019
Service Release Only
3.3.6 – July 24, 2019
Service Release Only
3.3.5 – July 16, 2019
- Handles an issue with particular 6 channel AAC encoded audio causing a program restart.
- Fixes error handling for Closed Caption data that is not well-formed.
3.3.4 – March 26, 2019
- Fixes handling aspect ratio for DVD source content with certain sequence extensions.
- Fixes regression issue with clipping of foreground PNG for Tickers with and without Squeezeback.
- Restores drawing order of border/foreground PNG for Tickers.
3.3.3 – January 22, 2019
- Fixes regression issue with Snipe rendering when optional second line of text is blank.
- Fixes regression issue with missing audio in H.264 Standard Definition recordings.
3.3.2 – January 2, 2019
- Fixes a program restart upon receiving a sequence of un-decodable frames.
- Adds better handling of large time stamp discontinuities for some captured streams.
3.3.1 – December 4, 2018
- Fixes a program restart issue on stream transition while CALM processing is enabled.
3.3.0 – November 9, 2018
- Displays smoother Squeezebacks.
- CALM processing now applies to all incoming samples rates (previously only supported 48 & 44.1KHz).
- Updated OS with security patches.
- Fixes intermittent brief pauses in long encodings.
- Fixes rare case where valid SDI input format is unrecognized.
- Fixes brief output pause when using a long Autofade time.
- Fix issue that could cause an error demuxing incoming stream due to virtual memory availability.
- Fix issue that could cause a memory leak via re-designed memory management.
- Fixes issue where sudden system time jumps can cause continuity counter or sync errors in some cases.
3.2.4 – July 20, 2018
- Addresses issues with enabling/disabling SDI input capture.
3.2.3 – June 23, 2018
- Fixes preservation of VBI Closed Captions when graphics are enabled.
- Fixes capturing SDI input with sources greater than 30fps.
3.2.2 – May 16, 2018
- Corrects black video playback issue for 720×480 top-field-first source content rendered at sd480i29.97 output format (issue evident in versions 3.1 to 3.2.1 only).
3.2.1 – May 14, 2018
- Fixes an issue with encoder streams that contain very large time stamp jump discontinuities.
- AAC encoded audio consisting of a single channel now decodes properly.
3.2.0 – May 4, 2018
- Enables full screen video scaling (aspect ratio not preserved.)
3.1.0 – April 20, 2018
- Better handling of files encoded with disparate audio/video running times.
- Reduced memory utilization (usage and bandwidth.)
- Support pause/resume of active encodings.
- General improvements playing streams from a variety of encoders.
- Preserves 608 Closed Captioning on encodings.
- Fixes handling/saving 1080p23.98 output format configuration.
- Fixes certain AVC decoding errors.
- Corrects stuttering audio/video captured from SDI input.
- Fixes squeezeback error when video dimensions are either not specified or very small.
- Fixes deinterlacing and display of odd width video frames.
3.0.6 – September 21, 2017
- Fixes application restart on rapid input changes.
- Fixes A/V sync drift exhibited by some re-multiplexed HLS streams.
- Fixes A/V sync drift and increased memory usage that may occur with fast network sources.
3.0.4 – May 24, 2017
- Fixes A/V sync drift exhibited by some encoders.
- Identifies and handles dynamic changes in video formats.
- Improves rendering of H.264 MBAFF encoded files.
- Provides better handling of files streamed using HyperCaster TS Compliant mode.
- Adds monitoring of baseband input and restart logic for fault conditions.
3.0.3 – April 19, 2017
- Fixes recovery from several stream and run-time errors.
3.0.2 – April 6, 2017
- Fixes Composite video output setting missing color on Analog systems.
- Fixes playback issue with CableLabs Extended Program Map Table configuration.
3.0.1 – March 24, 2017
- Fixes an issue whereby successive configuration commands cause a program restart.
3.0 – March 20, 2017
- Supports efficient decoding and display of multiple channels simultaneously.
- Enables capturing baseband input and routing to multiple outputs (on supported hardware).
- Baseband input capture preserves Closed Captioning.
- Supports encoding baseband input to MPEG-2 Transport Stream file (H.264/MPEG video, AAC/MPEG audio).
- Encodes input preserving the captured video format and based on preset profiles.
- Enables overlays to “squeezeback” video size.
- Supports Loudness Control audio processing (CALM compliance).
- A startup issue whereby demultiplexed audio/video timing may be incorrect has been fixed.
- A scenario under which audio may not be demultiplexed has been addressed.
- New demultiplexing method fixes cases where current content may not decode properly dependent on previous content.
- Network sources which encode exactly one Transport Stream packet within each UDP packet will now playout correctly.
- Files containing only one occurrence of critical decoding information (program tables, video parameters) will now decode properly.
- Improved demultiplexing efficiency and latency.
- Fixes Autofade issue that may cause video to pause intermittently.
- Improved Closed Captioning processing and data preservation.
2.7.3 – May 26, 2016
- Fixes an issue encountered with 4K models in which SDI audio at HD output formats may prevent downstream encoders from operating correctly.
2.7.2 – February 4, 2016
- Fixes decoding H.264 content encoded at 59.94 fps with missing frame rate information.
2.7.1 – January 7, 2016
- Fixes SDI embedded audio output that may cause issues when used as source for SDI to IP encoders.
2.7.0 – October 15, 2015
- Autofade configuration fades audio as well as video.
2.6.0 – September 30, 2015
- Supports capturing SDI/HDMI input.
- Enhanced kernel buffer management for high bitrate streams.
- Supports drop shadow text in Ticker and Snipe overlays.
- Supports rendering background/foreground PNG images in Ticker overlays.
- Autofade now configurable through Output Settings tab in ProVue Web interface.
- Improved demultiplexing performance reducing overall latency.
- Fixes an issue whereby rapid button presses may cause the front panel LCD to become unresponsive.
- Fixes a potential lock-up if the ProVue is misconfigured for RTP while the incoming stream is not RTP encoded.
- Fixes reported decoding quality measurement with no incoming stream.
2.5.2 – July 7, 2015
- Fix Closed Caption processing in H.264 encoded content.
2.5.1 – June 10, 2015
- Improved recovery from loss of transport stream.
2.5.0 – March 17, 2015
- Maximum quality video scaling at all resolutions.
- Improved error concealment for rendering overlays with high bit rate/frame rate source material.
- Supports DVD Closed Captions on 608VBI at NTSC output format.
- Supports video autofade option.
2.4.2 – February 11, 2015
- Improved handling of MPEG video decoding errors causing subsequent errors in time stamp retrieval.
- Graphic bug overlays remain visible on top of snipe overlays.
2.4.1 – November 6, 2014
- Fixes configuration file issue encountered after running combined unit upgrade.
2.4.0 – October 21, 2014
- Supports snipe graphic overlay.
- Supports remote reboot.
- Enhanced audio processing automatically corrects timing errors in certain source streams.
- Shellshock patch.
- Alpha value override for logos (not yet supported in UI).
- Adds extra error handling for driver operations that may lock-up.
2.3.0 – August 11, 2014
- Utilizes a more efficient (memory and CPU) overlay rendering engine.
- 608/708 Closed Captioning (CC) support for H.264 encoded content.
- Supports 608/708 CC on SD-SDI formats.
- Utilizes best scaling quality available within system resources.
- Improves demultiplexing efficiency for Variable Bit Rate (VBR) content and Multiple Program Transport Streams (MPTS).
- Adds configuration option to reduce latency below default one second mark.
- Improved handling of H.264 video containing no SEI information.
- Fixes A/V synchronization loss encountered with certain live encoders.
- Fixes possible loss of CC data when decoding 3:2 pulldown video.
- Fixes ticker duration when width of ticker is less than full screen width.
2.1.1 – March 3, 2014
- Support for bug and ticker graphic overlays with two independent graphic planes. UI for graphics provided by a connected TelVue HyperCaster.
- Graphic feature license (enabled/disabled) reflected in web interface status.
- Dynamic changes to video dimensions and frame rates are properly detected and handled. Covers cases with a few IP encoders that suddenly change frame rate on loss of video input.
2.1.0 – November 14, 2013
- Added Web interface for configuration and management convenience.
- Supports 708, 608(708) and 608ANC Closed Captioning for MPEG-2 in HD-SDI output formats.
- MP3 audio support.
- Time zone and NTP server setting.
2.0.2 – August 29, 2013
- Addresses problem of memory corruption when detecting spurious frame size changes.
- Properly handles field encoded pictures (from Radiant.)
- Corrects aspect ratios from Radiant 4430 models.
2.0.1 – June 21, 2013
Adds auto-restart safeguard against MPEG-1 Layer 2 44.1k audio decoder memory leak.
Fixes segfault when decoding H.264 streams that contain frame-size changes.
2.0.0 – June 12, 2013
- Support for Composite/Component/HDMI output model.
- Front panel displays “TelVue ProVue HD Digital” for SDI outputs, “TelVue ProVue HD Analog” for Analog/HDMI outputs.
- Adds a crop mode for 4:3 display of widescreen content.
- Adds an API to set a hostname.
- Performs color space conversion on SD source content to HD output format (and vice versa.)
- Output format options distinguish 1920x1080p as Progressive or Progressive Segmented Frame (PsF).
- >Default output format is now firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Improve robustness of demux library.
- Improve robustness of MPEG audio decode library.
- Fixes downconverting multi-channel AAC to two channels.
- Fixes segfault when an RTP stream is sent to a ProVue that is not configured to receive RTP.
- Fixes display of H.264 user defined pixel aspect ratios.
- Corrects aspect ratios seen at 480i output format.
- Fixes playback of 15fps Teradek encoder stream.
- Fixes VSI AVN420 encoder aspect ratios and playback of streams encoded with AFF.
- Corrects issue whereby pressing the reset button will cause two reboots in a row.
1.2.4 – February 12, 2013
- Add (as a command-line configuration option) the size of buffer used to demultiplex the input stream. The sizing of this buffer vs. the incoming bitrate is critical to MainConcept’s ability to properly identify the programs in a Transport Stream. Low bitrate files suffer delays before decoding starts – reducing the size of this buffer improves the delay seen by the user.
- Fix aspect ratio scaling when output format is identical to input format with non-square source pixels.
- Fix color shift issues (red/blue swap).
- Fix aspect ratio calculations for H.264 content.
- Increase allowance of initial audio/video PTS differential offset from one second to two seconds.
1.2.2 – January 9th, 2013
- Buffer control algorithm fix to reduce buffer levels to one second.
- Field ordering issue with H.264 interlaced files.
1.2.1 – November 15th, 2012
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS upgrade.
- Front Panel LCD: Selecting multicast network is now part of “Configure Input Network Feed” menu.
- Fixes for “null” streams from HyperCaster.
1.2 – September 24th, 2012
- Support H.264 AVC progressive and interlaced videos.
- Support AAC audio (2 channel only).
- New LCD menu layout.
- LCD now shows active incoming bitrate.
- LCD includes the ability to remove saved feed configurations.
- LCD displays additional network information including MAC address.
- LCD includes new network statistics menu showing different packet counters.
- Audio sync issues with various live encoders.
- Demuxer stability improvements.
- Retain network configuration on reboot.
- Ability to switch between differnt multicast source.
- During a transition of files from a TelVue HyperCaster, a frame was sometimes incorrectly repeated.
- 480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p output.
- Up and down conversion of SD to HD and HD to SD, including letterboxes or pillars as needed.
- SD or HD SDI output on BNC.
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input.
- MPEG-2 Video with MPEG-1 Layer II or AC-3 Audio.
- Supports dealing with incoming transport streams that are a mix of resolutions and audio formats.
- Completely controlled via an LCD front panel.
- Small form-factor 1U rack unit with operating system stored on solid state drive.
- UDP and RTP from unicast or multicast, including single-source multicast.