YouTube Live has been added as a Feed type in the HyperCaster v6.2. YouTube Live feeds are considered experimental. Due to the possibility of changing APIs and stream authentication and security methods, streams from 3rd party streaming services are not guaranteed to work. You should also be sure you have rights to broadcast any such streams. “Embed live streams” must be enabled in the YouTube administrator settings for proper functionality.
To add a YouTube Live stream to your programming:
- Go to Config → Feeds → Live Streams.
- Click on the Add Feed icon.
- From the Type options, select YouTube Live from pulldown.
- Fill in the Name and Description fields.
- In the Address field, add the URL of the YouTube Live stream, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21X5lGlDOfg. You can typically obtain the URL for a YouTube Live video by copying the URL in your browser when viewing that video on YouTube. Or you can right click on the video in YouTube and select Copy video URL.
- For details on additional fields and options available when setting up YouTube Live feeds, consult the Feed Setup article.
- Save this feed, and you can program it for playout and recording just like any other Live feed source.
Ensure that “Embed live streams” is enabled for the YouTube Live stream in YouTube’s settings, per the following screen shot: