User Management is available to both users and admins. To add, remove, or manage system users or their permissions click on the users option. A user can also be given API access while creating or editing an account, and they are given an API Key which can be used whenever they need to access API. The application displays the User Management screen.
Those with user-level privileges may edit only their own information. To edit a user’s information, click on the user name or on the Edit icon . Edit the full username, password, name, contact information, or privileges as desired. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen to save the changes. To return to the User Management screen without making changes, click the Cancel button.
Only admins may delete a user. To delete a user from the list, such as when an employee leaves the company or installation, click the Delete icon . The application asks you to confirm the deletion. If you are sure you want to delete this username, click on Yes (OK). Otherwise click on No (Cancel), and the application leaves the user on the list.
Note: Neither psgadmin nor psguser can be deleted.
Only admins may add a user. To add a new user to the application, click the New User button at the bottom of the screen. The application displays the Add User screen.
At a minimum, enter the new user’s username, password (twice), first name, and last name.
- Username – (Required) Enter the user’s ID. This is the name the user will enter to log in. It may be up to 30 alphanumeric characters in length.
- Password – (Required) Enter the user’s password. It must be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 100 alphanumeric characters in length.
- Password Again – (Required) Retype the user’s password. Retyping protects against accidental misspellings.
- First Name – (Required) Enter the user’s first name.
- Last Name – (Required) Enter the user’s last name.
- Organization – Enter the name of the station, institution, or other organization. Some installations use this field for downloaded reports.
- Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip Code, Email, Phone – Enter this optional contact information for the user if you wish.
- User Type – There are three types of user roles: Default, Admin, Emergency
- Admin privileges include:
- System configuration – Admins can configure the server, any switches, feeds, channels, remote servers, vodcasts and podcasts, and schedules.
- Content Editing – Admins can edit any content on the server.
- Default Users:
- Cannot view most of the System configuration options on the Configuration page.
- Can edit only the content they created or imported.
- Emergency users will have access only to the Emergency Notification Console. (See detailed instructions, here)
- Admin privileges include:
- User Preferences – Check the optional Show tooltips and Email notification here.
- API Access – Check the box to provide the user with a unique API Key, which gives the user authorization to use API, view information about the server, and make changes to the server or content.
Click on the Add button at the bottom of the screen to add the user to the application. To return to the User Management screen without adding a new user, click the Cancel button.