Content can be displayed on the main Content Page in two ways: Thumbnail or Table View. Choose the display from the pulldown across the top of the page.
Mouse over a content thumbnail to display basic video information including: number of plays, type and size of file, as well as upcoming and most recent airtimes.
Right-click on a thumbnail or thumbnails to open the list of possible Content File Actions.
Each thumbnail displays a scene from the content with the following information.
- Filename – the name of the content as it is stored in the application, typically the filename without the extension. If the name is long, mouse over it to display the full name. Clicking on the name takes you to the Show Content page.
- Icons – to visually display certain statuses (Green=New – imported in the last week; Red=Pending scheduled deletion; Blue box=Archived; Blue cloud=Uploaded to CloudCast; Blue CC = Closed Captioning Present; Broken Link=Offline).
- SD or HD – Thumbnail images are generated and displayed with the correct, native aspect ratio.
- Preview – click on the “play” arrow in a thumbnail to launch a preview player in a pop-up lightbox.
- File Type and Running Time – whether this file is a video, overlay, etc., followed by the playing time of this file, after any virtual trimming, in hours, minutes, and seconds (HH:MM:SS).
- Program or Program Code – the program name or program code of this file. If the name is too long, mouse over the ellipsis (. . .) to see the full name.
- Episode or Episode Code – the episode name or episode code of this file, if applicable. If the name is too long, mouse over the ellipsis (. . .) to see the full name.
- Edit – Link to the edit page so you can edit the file information and optional metadata for this content.
- Play – Link to the Schedule Playout page so you can schedule a playout date and time for this content.
Table View displays the content as a list without any thumbnail images. To go to one of the other pages, click on the page number links or the <Previous or > Next links in the lower-right corner.
- Filename– the filename of the content. The last portion of the filename usually indicates the file type, such as MPG or JPG.
- Program or Program Code – The name of the program or its program code.
- Episode or Episode Code – The episode name or episode code of this file, if applicable.
- Size – the size of the file, typically in megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB).
- Duration– the runtime of this file in hours, minutes, and seconds (HH:MM:SS)including any virtual trimming.
- Play Count – the number of times this file has been played since it was brought onto the server. If you purge the file and re-import it, the play count is preserved.
- Create/Ingest Date & Time – the date, time, and day of the week the content file was captured or imported onto the server. For a program placeholder, this shows the expected ingest date, time, and day of the week. (T = Tuesday, Th = Thursday)
- Delete At – if this file is scheduled for deletion from the system, this field shows the date and time the deletion will take place.
- Type – the type of content in this file, such as a video, an audio file, or an overlay.
Click on any underlined heading to sort the list by that category. To see the reverse order, click the heading again.