Once you have added TelVue Connect as a remote server for Connect integration, the TelVue Connect Configuration allows tuning settings for how the HyperCaster transfers files and synchronizes metadata with Connect for Broadcast and Streaming workflows.
To manage TelVue Connect integration settings go to Config → TelVue Connect, under the TelVue Connect configuration section.
The Connect Settings are as follows:
- Continuous Synchronization: With Continuous Synchronization enabled, any content on the HyperCaster that was either distributed from Connect or uploaded to Connect, will automatically sync metadata changes made on Connect. Anytime Connect metadata is updated, the associated content record on the HyperCaster will update as well. If you change the content metadata on the HyperCaster, and then it changes on Connect, the Connect changes will re-sync to the HyperCaster. If you do not want this behavior, then disable Continuous Synchronization.
- Event Window: TelVue Connect Events in the event window will be scheduled on the broadcast server as TBDs. Any event in this window will be created as a TBD and appear on the Program Guide. Content associated with these events will not necessarily be downloaded.
- Content Fetch Window: TelVue Connect Events within the content fetch window will begin downloading their associated content. Events scheduled beyond the content fetch window will be scheduled as TBDs but content won’t yet be downloaded.
- Use “Program – Episode” for Connect Title: When uploading files to Connect, the Connect Title field will be filled in with the Program field, ” – ” and the Episode field if both fields are populated on the HyperCaster.
- Treat Playlists as Series for Connect Metadata: When uploading files to Connect, the Connect Title field will be filled in with the Content file Episode rather than the Program if it is being uploaded to a playlist. This assumes the playlist name to which the Content is being uploaded already effectively conveys the Program field information.
The Transfer Settings are as follows:
- Timeout: How long a transfer must be stalled in seconds before it times out.
- Retries: The number of retries that will occur if a transfer is aborted. Only applies to downloads.
- Resumable: When enabled, transfers that are interrupted can be resumed from where they left off on retry. Resumable transfers are not as fast, so generally only check this on if you regularly experience networking issues and interruptions that impact Connect transfers.
Click Save to save your changes.