Once you have followed the Quick Start Guide to install, network, and connect A/V inputs to your TelVue TeleCast 2, here are the steps to quickly get rolling with streaming:
- Login to the Web User Interface.
- Click on the admin username in the upper right to edit the user settings, and change the password to a secure password that you will remember.
- Visit the Dashboard page and ensure the Input shows OK indicating a valid A/V signal is present on the encoder input.
- Visit the Networking page to setup DNS so your TelVue TeleCast 2 can resolve Internet domain names that will likely be used when setting up Destinations.
- Visit the System page to set your Time Zone.
- Visit the Encoder page to setup your Encode Profile and optional Adaptive rates.
- Visit the Dashboard page and click Play on the monitor to preview the live encoding and ensure the signal into the encoder is what you expect. Note there is a delay of up to 10 seconds on the Monitor stream.
- Visit the Destinations page to add one or more streaming Destinations. For example you can setup a 24×7 destination with Autostart such as TelVue CloudCast, and additional Social Media destinations such as YouTube and Facebook that will be manually started and stopped for specific events.
- Visit the Dashboard page to Start and Stop Destinations as needed, and Monitor your live encoding.