Navigate to the Destinations page by selecting the Destinations menu option. The Destinations page is where you manage your streaming destinations – where the TelVue TeleCast 2 encoder sends its streams. A few important notes about managing Destinations:
- The TelVue TeleCast 2 encoder can stream to up to 3 destinations at the same time. You can configure more than 3 destinations to manage, but only 3 may be actively streaming simultaneously.
- Destinations will restore their last streaming state when the encoder powers up and starts.
- Each destination can be manually started and stopped from both the Dashboard and Destinations page.
- If you have setup an adaptive encoding profile with multiple rates, you can control which Destinations receive the adaptive rates, and which just receive the primary, top/highest quality rate. This is controlled via the Stream parameter as described below.
For existing Destinations, if the Destination is Running, the Stop icon will be shown. Clicking the stop icon will stop streaming to that Destination. If the Destination is Stopped, the Start icon will be shown. Clicking the start icon will start streaming to that Destination. Click the delete icon to delete an existing Destination. Click the expand icon + to expand and collapse showing the Destination details.
Click the New button to add a new Destination, or click the edit icon to edit an existing Destination.
The fields for each Destination are as follows:
- Name: Enter a name for the streaming destination.
- Service: Choose the service that is receiving the stream, or select RTMP for a generic RTMP service. The other service options are TelVue CloudCast, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Username: Enter the username for authenticated RTMP service. If the service does not require a username, leave blank.
- Password: Enter the password for authenticated RTMP service. If the service does not require a password, leave blank.
- URL: Enter the RTMP URL for the encoder to send the stream. This is typically the ingest URL of the receiving RTMP service.
- Status: Indicates whether the encoder is currently streaming to the destination, either Running (streaming) or Stopped (not streaming).
- Stream: Enter the RTMP stream name that uniquely identifies the stream. If you have setup an adaptive encoding profile with multiple rates, including the variable %v in the Stream indicates that adaptive streaming will be used for this Destination and the %v variable will automatically be replaced by each bitrate in the individual adaptive streams sent to the CDN ingest point. For example, a 3-rate adaptive stream with video bitrates of 2Mbps, 1Mbps, and 256Kbps specified as mystream_1_%v@867530 for the Stream will send 3 streams to the ingest point with stream names. If you have setup an adaptive encoding profile with multiple rates and do not use the %v variable in the Stream, only the primary, top/highest quality rate will be delivered to the streaming service.
- Autostart: Choose whether to start this stream as soon as it is saved when creating new destinations.
Click Save to save your changes.
If you need assistance setting up your Destination for TelVue CloudCast, or do not have your CloudCast ingest point service information, please contact email@example.com.