When you click on a filename on the Content page, the Show Content page is displayed. This page shows the content’s metadata, properties, and upcoming and recent playout schedule.
- From the gear icon () you can pull down the same Content File Actions menu as you can from the Content Management page.
- The Content tab displays Program Metadata, basic File Information, and the file’s technical properties such as format, bitrate, and type. The metadata can be edited. The file properties cannot.
Edit Program Metadata
- Program – If this installation does not use program codes, enter the name of the program as it should appear in the Program Guide.
- Program Code – If program codes are used in your workflow, enter a code that distinguishes what program this is. You can search on program codes in combination with a keyword search.
- Episode – If this installation does not use episode codes, enter the name of the episode as it should appear in the Program Guide, if applicable.
- Episode Code – If episode codes are used at your installation, enter a code that distinguishes what episode of a program series this is.You can search on episode codes in combination with a keyword search.
- Description – Enter a detailed description of the content as well as any keywords to be used to search for this content.
Edit File Information
- Ingest Date – To set the Ingest Date and time for the content file, type a date in MM-DD-YYYY format or use a Calendar icon to choose a date and enter the time in HH:MM:SS format. The Ingest Date defaults to when the content was imported, or attached for TBDs. The Ingest Date is used when matching Series Episodes to time slots for Series Scheduling with the Closest Rule, so editing the Ingest Date can update your schedule in that scenario.
- Delete At – To set a date and time for the content file to be automatically deleted from the server, type a date in the form MM-DD-YYYY or use a Calendar icon to choose a date. If no time is specified, then the content is deleted at midnight the next day. To keep the content on the server indefinitely, leave the date and time blank.
- Filename – the name of the content file, such as council_meeting_0425.mpg. If the content is currently scheduled, you cannot change the filename.
- Video Trim – You can either trim the video using the Preview Trim function, or by entering in and out times. Read How to Trim a Video for more detailed instructions.
- Private – To keep this content on your private list so it is visible only to users with Admin privileges and yourself, check this box.
The video can be previewed at the top right of the Show Content page. When a preview file is created, a “play” arrow shows up in the top left of the thumbnail. The trim bar can be used to trim the video by dragging the arrows. This will dynamically update the Trim fields in the form as well. You can preview more quickly by choosing a different preview speed from the preview player’s control bar.
This section is for extra content file metadata such as Location, Contributor, and any user-defined attributes (see Config → Content → Custom Metadata). Location and Contributor will not show if the content file is from TelVue Connect. Custom metadata will not show unless custom attributes have been defined.
When you have finished editing the content file information, click the Save button. The application saves the changes and returns you to the Content page. To return to the Content page without changing anything about the content, click the Cancel button.
Note: This information becomes part of the content’s metadata and will always be associated with this content unless and until you change it.
Note: The Show Content page for unattached or “TBD” content is slightly different. Read the “Add TBD Program” page for more details.
To return to the Content page from the Show Content page, click on the Content tab at the top of the screen, or on the “Save and Return” button.
Displays the primary content show page.
Check off the Categories to which you would like to add this video. (Categories are managed in Config → Content → Categories).
Displays a list of playlists to which this item has been added.
Displays a list of series to which this item has been added.
Displays Recurring, Upcoming, and Recent Events for this content. Recurring Events can be edited, and the Upcoming can be bulk modified.
- Extended Metadata
The Extended Metadata tab will only show if the content is from TelVue Connect. It displays information like Connect Contributor, Connect VOD links, and extra metadata from Connect such as Brief Title, Rating, License Window Start/End.
Displays uploaded or automatically generated sidecar captions associated with the file, or extracted sidecar captions if the file has embedded 608/708 captioning. The captions can be viewed or downloaded as WebVTT. An external sidecar caption file can be uploaded to associate with the video for playback. Uploaded Closed Captions files must be in WebVTT (.vtt), SubRip (.srt), MacCaption (.mcc) or Scenarist Closed Caption (.scc) format. All Captions will be converted and stored as WebVTT format. The captions language identifier can be set for uploaded or generated. Existing uploaded or generated sidecar captions can be removed. Uploaded and generated sidecar captions will display during playback if you enable the Embed Captions? option on a channel for supported models.