Schedule Configuration requires admin-level privileges. The schedule settings allow you to set defaults for scheduling your programming. To configure schedule settings, click on the Config –> Schedule option.
Change the defaults by editing one or more of the following fields. To return to the Config page without making any changes, click the Cancel button.
- Allow Scheduling of Unattached Content – If you want to be able to schedule content that is not yet on the server, check this box. This option is useful at installations where content is aired shortly after capture.
- Missing Files Alert Window – Missing File Alerts will warn the programmer when a video on the schedule is missing, or – if the file has been archived – not yet retrieved from storage.
- Use Start Trim/End Trim – The Web Application offers two ways to determine where file playout should start and stop and how long the playout should be. You will see one or the other when you edit content or schedule playouts. To use Offset and Duration, leave this box unchecked. To use Start Trim and End Trim check this box. If you use a nonlinear editor such as Ulead to find trim points, use Start Trim and End Trim.
- Loss of Signal Duration (IP) – Time in seconds that an IP source is continuously not present to be considered a Loss of Signal for Live and Record events set to use automatic Stop on Loss of Signal. A larger value will prevent stopping a Live or Record event due to transient errors at the expense of waiting that amount of time when there is an actual loss of signal. Must be a positive integer. 1 second is the shortest possible value. Applies to Live Streams / IP Feed sources only.
- Use Program Episode Codes – If your installation uses program and episode codes, check this box to use the “Program Code” and “Episode Code” fields when searching content and to display the program and episode codes on content thumbnails and tables, on programming screens, and in the As Run report. All unattached content you add to your server will be identified by its Program Code and Episode Code combination.
- Cancel Overlapping Events on Import – Check this box to prevent an event from being imported if it overlaps another scheduled event. This will also prevent hot folder and native imports if they conflict with a scheduled event.
- Use Connect server schedule as master – If this setting is enabled, the remote Connect server schedule will take precedence over all conflicting events.
- Delete Unscheduled Content – If enabled, a pulldown will be revealed which allows user to configure the number of days before any unscheduled content which has not been updated will be removed from the server.
- Ad Trigger Offset – Enter a global offset (positive or negative, specified in milliseconds) for fine tuning the timing of triggers relative to the schedule. Only available if licensed for SCTE-104 Ad Triggers.
Selecting a storage location from the pulldown list of storage locations will filter the content files shown in the classic playout event form to the selected storage location.
When you have finished editing the schedule settings, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. A message verifying that the changes were updated appears at the top of the screen. Click the Config tab to return to the Configuration menu or click any tab to do other work.