The HyperCaster can import event lists exported from other programs including other traffic and scheduling systems such as Protrack and Facil for batch scheduling. Event list files are typically in CSV or XML format. To import an event list:
1. On the Programming tab in Classic View, click the Choose File button and select the event list file from your local computer file system.
2. Select the import format from the drop-down list. Possible formats include:
3. Select a start date and time, if desired. If a start date and time is not provided, the dates and times specified in the import list are used to schedule the events. If a start date and time is provided, the schedule times in the event list file are moved relatively in a group to start at the new time. For example, a four-hour schedule block from 8:00 AM-12:00 PM could be imported to start at 6:00 PM and that same block would now be scheduled from 6:00 PM-10:00 PM.
Note: Either both the Start Date and Time fields must be filled in, or both fields must be left blank.
4. Click the Import button. When the import action is complete, the application generates a report showing whether each entry scheduled successfully, and – if not – the reason.
To export an event list:
1. On the Programming tab in Classic View, filter the display for the events you want to export, as needed.
2. Use the check boxes to select the events you want to export.
3. Select an export format from the drop-down list. Possible export formats include:
4. Click the Export button. The application exports the events to your filesystem in the selected format. For example, if you exported files using the Native format, the export file might be named export_native.csv.
Combining exporting with importing also provides a simple way to copy large scheduling blocks.