The HyperCaste supports Block Scheduling, a time-saving feature which allows the programmer to copy groups of events for insertion into different parts of the programming schedule.
The “Block Copy” feature is accessible from both the Classic and Calendar Programming views.
- To create a new block of programming, first select the events that you want to include in that block.
- To select more than one event, click on the events while holding down the Command key on a Mac, or the Control key on a PC.
- To select an entire block of events, click on the first and last event while holding down the Shift key.
- (Earlier versions of the HyperCaster software will ask you to select by check box.)
- Click on the “Block Copy” button to open the following pop-up window:
- If you previously created and named a block of programs, you can choose one from the pulldown menu on the right. If you do not choose a previously Saved Block, the currently selected events will be used.
- Continue to the “Paste” section, where you will enter the Start Date/Time and Channel information, and decide whether or not to cancel conflicting events.
- To paste to more than one programming slot, just click on the Add(+) link. Another time slot option will appear.
- Under the “Manage” section, you can save your block of programming by name, or by adding to an existing block.
- You can also delete blocks of programming that you no longer need.
With the Block Copy feature, you can easily do things like copy an entire day’s worth of programming on Channel 1, and paste it to another day on that same Channel or other Channels. Or you can copy and paste a block of programming for a specific day part range, or save commonly used blocks of programming.