The Add Live Stream Event feature is available as long as there is at least one Live Stream configured in the system.
- On the Programming page, click the Add Stream Event button. The Schedule Live Stream Event page is displayed.
- Fill in the fields on the screen as described below.
Channel & Content
- Channel – Select a channel from the drop-down list.
- Feed – Select a feed from the drop-down list.
- Duration – Fill in the time you want to stream from the channel in hours, minutes, and seconds (HH:MM:SS).
Date & Time
- Start – Use a Calendar icon to select a date for the stream event to begin up to one year from now.
- Time – Enter a start time for the stream event in HH:MM:SS format using 24-hour time. For example, 1:00 PM is 13:00:00.
- Stream Immediately – To start streaming as soon as the Save button is clicked, check this box.
- Cancel Conflicting Events – Check this box if you want the current stream to take precedence over any previously-scheduled events.
Lock a Live Stream
- If an event runs longer than you had originally scheduled it for, you can – from HyperCaster v6.2 onward – extend that live stream from the Dashboard by clicking on the Lock icon.
- A locked event will not stop until you unlock it. Then whatever was scheduled after the “locked event” will be “joined in progress” when you unlock the stream event.
- If you have the Graphics Overlay capability, you can add a “join in progress” Overlay to the transition to better and automatically inform your audience. (See instructions for “join in progress” overlay.)
- Day of Week – Check one or more boxes to the left of the day of the week to repeat the stream on that day. To repeat this stream every day, click Daily, which will check all the boxes. To uncheck all the boxes, click None. There is a one-year limit on scheduling stream events.
- Until Date –Use a Calendar icon to select the last day for the stream to recurup to one year from today. If you plan to stream from this channel several days per week, it will occur up to and including the date you select.
- Click here for more information on scheduling, viewing and editing recurring events.
Optional Program Guide Data
This program guide data will become the metadata for the stream.
- Program Code – Enter a code that distinguishes what program this is, if program codes are used in this installation.
- Episode Code – Enter a code that distinguishes what episode of a series this is, if episode codes are used in this installation.
- Program – If this installation does not use program codes, enter the name of the program.
- Episode – Enter the name of the episode, if applicable and if this installation does not use episode codes.
- Description – Enter a detailed description of the stream event.
Click the Save button to add the stream event to the schedule.
The server checks for errors. If none are detected, the Programming page is displayed with the new stream.