To schedule a single or recurring Graphic Overlay (either Bug, Ticker or Snipe) from the Programming page, click the Add Overlay Event button and enter the Overlay’s scheduling information.
Fill in the fields on the screen as described below.
Channel & Overlay
- Channel – Select a channel from the drop-down list.
- Overlay – Select either a Bug, Ticker or Snipe from the drop-down list.
- Duration – Fill in the time you want to display the graphic Overlay on the channel in hours, minutes, and seconds (HH:MM:SS).
Date & Time
- Start – Use a Calendar icon to select a date for the Overlay event to begin.
- Time – Enter a start time for the Overlay event in HH:MM:SS format using 24-hour time. For example, 1:00 PM is 13:00:00.
- Play Immediately – To display the graphic Overlay as soon as the Save button is clicked, check this box.
- Recurring? – Check this box for a recurring overlay, and enter one or more recurrence rules. Click here for more information on scheduling, viewing and editing recurring events.
Click the Save button to add the overlay to the schedule. The server checks for errors. If none are detected, the Programming page is displayed with the new entry.