The Add Input Event feature is available only in the HyperCaster AIO. This is used to schedule routing one of the SDI Inputs to play on a Channel. In this way, the AIO acts like a video matrix switcher, with any Input capable of being routed to any output, with the advantages of automatic source format detection, up and down-conversion, the ability to display graphics on live SDI sources, and the ability to simultaneously encode while going live.
- On the Programming page, click the Add Input Event button. The Schedule Input page is displayed.
- Fill in the fields on the screen as described below.
Channel & Source
- Channel – Select a channel from the drop-down list.
- Input – Select an input from the drop-down list.
- Duration – Fill in the time you want to stream from the channel in hours, minutes, and seconds (HH:MM:SS).
Date & Time
- Start – Use a Calendar icon to select a date for the Input event to begin up to one year from now.
- Time – Enter a start time for the Input event in HH:MM:SS format using 24-hour time. For example, 1:00 PM is 13:00:00.
- Start Immediately – To start as soon as the Save button is clicked, check this box.
- Cancel Conflicting Events – Check this box if you want the current input to take precedence over any previously-scheduled events.
- Day of Week – Check one or more boxes to the left of the day of the week to repeat the Event on that day. To repeat this stream every day, click Daily, which will check all the boxes. To uncheck all the boxes, click None. There is a one-year limit on scheduling stream events.
- Until Date –Use a Calendar icon to select the last day for the Event to recur up to one year from today. If you plan to stream from this channel several days per week, it will occur up to and including the date you select.
- Click here for more information on scheduling, viewing and editing recurring events.
Optional Program Guide Data
This program guide data will become the metadata for the Input Event.
- Program Code – Enter a code that distinguishes what program this is, if program codes are used in this installation.
- Episode Code – Enter a code that distinguishes what episode of a series this is, if episode codes are used in this installation.
- Program – If this installation does not use program codes, enter the name of the program.
- Episode – Enter the name of the episode, if applicable and if this installation does not use episode codes.
- Description – Enter a detailed description of the Input event.
3. Click the Save button to add the input event to the schedule.
4. The server checks for errors. If none are detected, the Programming page is displayed with the new Input Event.