Ad Trigger Events allow scheduling a SCTE-104 signal to be injected in the SDI output for triggering down-stream ads. This feature requires a license option to enable scheduling SCTE-104 Ad Trigger Events for HyperCaster AIO, B100-SDI, and ProVue-GFX/CC models. Ad Trigger Events support all standard scheduling features including Classic View add, modify, delete, and search, Recurring Scheduling, Block Copy/Paste, Import/Export, and As Run Reports.
To schedule a single or recurring SCTE-104 Ad Trigger Event from the Programming page, click the Add Trigger Event button and enter the ad trigger scheduling information.
Channel & Duration
- Channel – Select a channel from the drop-down list.
- Pre-roll – Enter the pre-roll time in HH:MM:SS format for the trigger to occur in advance of the actual ad break. It is a best practice to give downstream ad insertion systems advanced notice for when ads can be inserted. For example, for a 10 seconds pre-roll, enter 00:00:10.
- Duration – Enter the duration for the triggered ad break in HH:MM:SS format. For example, to trigger a 2 minute break during which four 30 second ads could run, enter 00:02:00.
Date & Time
- Date – Use a Calendar icon to select a date for the Ad Trigger event to begin.
- Time – Enter a start time for the Ad Trigger event in HH:MM:SS format using 24-hour time. For example, 1:00 PM is 13:00:00.
- Play Immediately – To send the Ad Trigger as soon as the Save button is clicked, check this box.
- Recurring? – Check this box for a recurring trigger, and enter one or more recurrence rules. Click here for more information on scheduling, viewing and editing recurring events.
Click the Save button to add the Ad Trigger Event to the schedule. For fine tuning the timing of triggers relative to the schedule, a global offset (positive or negative, specified in milliseconds) can be entered in the Schedule Settings configuration via Config –> Scheduling –> Schedule –> Ad Trigger Offset.