You can customize each InfoVue Player through a series of properties:
1. Player name: The default player name is always Player1, Player2, etc… You should rename the player and give it a more unique and meaningful name.
2. General properties: Enter information about the player’s physical location. It’s also good practice to include the contact information of someone near the player’s physical location who can tend to the player.
3. Location specific content: Add content specific to this player that can be called up any playlist.
4. Player meta tag: Assign meta tags to determine which content can be played on this device.
4. Technical profile: These profiles contain settings that are shared amongst many players. These are common settings that InfoVue Server administrators manage (for “on premise” systems). InfoVue Cloud users can select from a list of profiles managed by TelVue Cloud administrators. In both cases, you can override the display on/off times by selecting the Display control override check box. This unlocks the screen event table where you can set the time you wish the screen to turn on, and off. Selecting the check box right of the time will send an “on” command. Leave the check box empty to send an “off” command.
5. System information: This table reports on various technical specifications retrieved from the device InfoVue Player is running on. This is for technical support purposes only and the information in the table cannot be edited.
6. Playback resolution: Each player device sends back its display settings (resolution) expressed in pixels. The second field shows the last known IP reported by the device. This information cannot be edited.
7: Reset / Reboot: The reset button is used to restore the InfoVue Player software back to it’s “newly installed” status. All content and programming is deleted and the player will display the default media image until a new update is sent out. The Reboot button forces the player device to restart remotely.
8: License information: This section has only one editable field: Serial Number. The serial number is assigned by TelVue through its extranet. You can only use one serial number per playback device, however, serial numbers can be transferred from one device to another as long as the software is uninstalled from the original device.
9. License add-ons: the list on the right shows all available add-on modules. Modules are activated through the TelVue Extranet. Each module selected in the list (checked-off) is installed and active. Unchecked boxes indicate add-ons that have not been purchased and activated. These boxes cannot be checked by the user. They are simply indicators.
10. Reset the license: This button is only to be clicked in the event you wish to transfer a licence from one player to another. Once clicked, the licence will become “discoverable” again by a new InfoVue Player and you will be able to activate the software on your new device using the same license number.