To load your content to the CloudCast VOD Player:
- Organize videos from your media library into Playlists, Series, and Categories. (Important Note: a single video can ONLY be added to your VOD player once it has been ADDED to a Series, Playlist, or Category that is then published.)
- From the VOD Player → Edit page, choose from the left Nav
- Playlists: See instructions here on Creating a Playlist in Connect. Once created, the Playlist will show up in the Available Playlists window. Drag and Drop from Available Playlists to Published Playlist and click Save Player for the playlist to appear in your player. The Member Sort order drop down determines how the items in the Playlist are ordered within the Player.
- Series: See instructions here on Creating a Series in Connect. Once created, the Series will show up in the Available Series window. Drag and Drop from Available Series to Published Series and click Save Player for the series to appear in your player. The Member Sort order drop down determines how the episodes in the Series are ordered within the Player.
- Categories: See instructions here on Managing Categories in Connect. Check the Categories you want published in your player and click Save Player. The Member Sort order drop down determines how the items in the Category are ordered within the Player.
- Feature Collections: Collections are Playlists & Series. Drag and Drop from Available Collections to Published Collections and click Save Player for the collection to be pinned to the top of your player home screen displaying all of the collection items. This is useful for example to have a playlist of Live Channels, or some other featured content, displayed prominently at the top of your player home screen.
Note: If after you have taken these steps, you still do not see videos in your CloudCast player, check the following:
- Is there anything in your playlist or series?
If you create a playlist or series but don’t add any items to it, it will not display in your CloudCast player until videos are added to the collection.
- Is your video transcoded to VOD?
If an organization, for example, has set auto-transcode to broadcast format only, then the user will need to specifically transcode any videos destined for VOD. Check the icons on the video thumbnail. If the eye is red, the video is not yet transcoded to VOD format. To transcode, select the Transcode option from the video edit menu, and then check the VOD option in the popup to initiate the transcode process. When the transcode is complete, the eye color will change to green and the video can be published to CloudCast.