To get a pixel-perfect view of the templates you create in InfoVue that include dynamic data or video, you will need a preview player. InfoVue Pro systems will ship with an InfoVue Stick which – when connected to any HDMI monitor – can be used to preview your playlists before putting them on your public channel.
The InfoVue Stick is a miniature InfoVue player with WiFi that can be used to display your InfoVue signage on a single HDMI monitor. The InfoVue Stick is a convenient way to preview InfoVue playlists before pushing them to your InfoVue Pro Player. The InfoVue Stick is also a great, ultra-small signage player solution for traditional signage that requires one player per TV.
- Monitor with HDMI input (not included)
- USB mouse and keyboard (not included)
- USB hub (included)
- WiFi network access
Install the InfoVue Stick
- Connect Stick HDMI port to monitor. HDMI extension cable is provided if needed.
- Connect power to Stick using provided power adapter plugged into the micro USB port on the Stick.
Configure the InfoVue Stick
- Connect USB keyboard and mouse to Stick via USB hub. You should see the InfoVue “Channel Loading” screen.
- To recognize your WiFi:
- Press Ctl+Alt+Del
- Choose Sign Out (Note: Click on the words “Sign Out”. Do not click the arrow, which only cancels.) You’ll see a blank InfoVue screen.
- Hit any key to see the following three login options: config, infovue, teveadmin. Click on the config icon on the left. Login using password: config.
- On the desktop double click the icon labeled “Connect to WiFi”. A bar will slide out from the right side of the screen displaying available wireless networks.
- Click on your desired wireless network.
- Check “Connect automatically”.
Click on “Connect”. It will ask for a network security key. Enter your key and click Next.
When it asks if you want to connect to other devices, Click “NO”.
- Now it should say “Connected” under your chosen network.
(If you want to delete a connection from the list, right-click on the network name and and choose “forget this network”.)
Reboot the System
To get back to the InfoVue Player, Reboot the system. There are two ways to do this:
- Ctl+Alt+Del and click the power icon in the lower right of your screen.
- Double click on the Restart InfoVue Player icon on the desktop.
Your InfoVue Stick Player is now ready to receive content. To create content, go back to the computer from which you login to the InfoVue management interface (https://infovue.telvue.com). Here is a typical setup for an organization with several channels, using the Pro (“Live”) Player for broadcast and an InfoVue Stick as a “Preview” Player:
→ An Organization can manage several Channels. Content at the Organization level can be SHARED among Channels.
→ A Channel can manage several Players. This is the best level at which to CREATE Channel-specific content and playlists.
→ Players can be SCHEDULED and UPDATED individually, allowing you to update your LIVE Player separately from your PREVIEW Player.
- After you have uploaded your content, designed your templates, and created your playlists – Schedule a Test playlist in your Preview Player.
- Templates can be created at the Channel level, then dragged into that Test playlist.
- First, update ONLY your Preview Player. To push an update, go to the Dashboard:
- Click on the white Update arrow on the left to open the “Update Player” window.
- Select the name of the player using the search field.
- Click in the rectangle next to that player’s name, and that player appears on the right.
- Click on the black “Send Update” arrow on the right.
- A progress bar will show up in the Status column, changing to the word “Done” when the update is complete.
The new content will now display in your Preview Player. When you are happy with the output, you can drag that template into a playlist in your Channel Player, and push the final update to your Channel Player.
Players need to be updated whenever changes are made to templates, playlists, or schedules.