External Devices Configuration requires admin-level privileges. Use this option to create a tunnel to a QAM modulator that is one the same network as your IPTV server. To edit, click new external device on the config tab.
The application displays a table of device controllers and information about them.
- Name – The name of the device.
- Type – DeckTec QAM
- Description – A few words describing the device, such as “QAM Modulator”
- IP Address – The IP address of the device.
- IP Port – The IP port where the device is connected to the server system.
- User Name – Required to access the device.
- Password – Required to access the device.
Opening External Device
To open the newly added device, click on the underlined device name, such as Illudium Q-36 Modulator. This will open a new window that shows the interface of your QAM device.
If needed instead select the edit button to change the name, description, or IP address of the device as needed. Click the Save button to save changes and return to the External Devices Configuration screen, or click the Cancel button to return without making any changes.