“Bugs”: Inserting a logo or station ID
- If your station logo is not already in PNG format, convert it. Size the Bug image before upload.
- Once uploaded, you can position the bug in two ways:
- Choose a preset type from the pulldown in General Properties
- Set a pixel value in the Horizontal and Vertical Position fields
- Set the transparency of the bug with the Alpha slider if desired. Your PNG may already have an alpha channel that you wish to maintain. If this is the case, set the Alpha to 1.
- Save your settings.
- Turn the bug for the desired channel “On”, and your bug will be live. Bugs can also be scheduled in and out using the “Add Overlay Event” button in the Programming Classic View.
(as of HyperCaster v6.0 and ProVue v3.0, you can add a “squeezeback” effect to overlays, which resizes and repositions the live video window according to the settings.) To the left of the Overlay preview pane, scroll down to the “Squeezeback Properties” edit tab.
- Select “Enable Squeezeback?” to open the squeezeback design options
- Define X and Y coordinates of the top left corner of the video
- In this example: for an HD video inset, the following coordinates and dimensions:
- X = 480
- Y = 0
- Width = 1440
- Height = 810
- You can also drag the gray squeezeback window to position, and drag the corners or sides to resize.
- Save your changes, and this overlay can be scheduled just like any other Overlay Event. Whenever the overlay triggers, video will be squeezed back based on the settings, and when the overlay completed, video will resume to the full output size.
Note: By default, the squeezeback background will be black. If you want a graphic background for the squeezeback, upload a full-screen graphic, such as an L-bar with a transparent window, in the Image Properties field. Or, if you want both squeezeback graphic and text, create a Ticker Overlay instead. Upload the L-bar as a Background graphic, and the Bug as a Foreground Image.