While you can schedule an InfoVue display far into the future, when you publish a schedule of playlists from the InfoVue content management system (CMS), it will only publish the next 90 days. The on-site player only receives 90 days’ worth of scheduling information with each Publishing push. That means if you do not Publish anything new to your players within 90 days, the InfoVue player will display a “No timeslot on schedule” alert, and your channel will show “No content scheduled.”
You can optionally change this setting to have the InfoVue CMS auto-publish the next 90 days of the scheduled playlists and associated media to your player, to more accurately reflect the schedule presented in the CMS, helping to mitigate the need to log in and manually push the schedule to the player every 90 days.
Auto-Update Scheduled Playlists Nightly
- Log in with an admin account.
- Double-click on the player you’d like to Auto Update.
- Click the right arrow on the settings window to get to the second page of settings.
- In the top left corner, under “Technical Profile,” click on the dropdown and choose “Auto Update.”
- Click “Save.”
- Push an update to that player to have the changes take effect.
InfoVue will now auto-update the next 90 days of the schedule nightly during overnight hours. Repeat for each of your InfoVue players that you would like to auto update.