The Audio Feed configuration is used to add and manage background audio sources for playing audio while images and program guide slides air. Audio Feed are available on HyperCaster AIO models with one more Image Playout licence. Supported audio sources include streaming radio and audio (icecast, http), audio from an available SDI port, and analog audio via a compatible USB audio card.
Manage Audio Feeds
Admins can manage Audio Feeds by clicking Config → Feeds → Audio Streams.
The Audio Feeds table shows the existing audio feeds, with summary information. From this table, you can access several Audio Feed actions:
- To create a new audio feed, click the addaction.
- To edit an existing audio feed, click the edit actionor click of the name of the audio feed.
- To delete an audio feed, click the deleteaction.
- To preview an audio feed for HTTP and USB audio feed types, click the audio preview action. The audio preview player will be presented and play the audio along with an audio level meter. The audio level meter is supported on compatible browsers only including Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Safari is not supported at this time. The audio level meter is a VU meter with ranges as follows: RED: 0+ dB, YELLOW: -5 to 0 dB, GREEN: -40 to -5 dB.
For HTTP (streaming) and USB audio feed types, the Active column includes a slider to activate and deactivate the audio feed. When audio feeds are inactive, they will just play silent if used as background audio. When HTTP (streaming) audio feeds are active, they will always be pulling the streaming audio source and using network bandwidth, though audio streams generally use very low bandwidth consumption.
When editing and adding audio feeds, you will be presented with the Audio Feeds form.
The fields are as follows:
- Name: Enter a name for the audio feed.
- Description: Enter a description for the audio feed.
- Type: Select an audio feed type from the pulldown:
- HTTP: For streaming radio and audio such as icecast or http. Selecting HTTP will present the URL field to enter the audio stream full URL.
- USB: For analog audio input from a compatible audio USB card. Selecting USB will present the USB Device pull down to select from an available device.
- SDI: For SDI audio from an unused, available SDI port. Selecting SDI will present the SDI Port pull down to select from an unused, available SDI port.
- Volume: For HTTP and USB audio types, use the slider to adjust the audio level from 0-200%. 100% is unchanged, less than 100% is quieter, great than 100% is louder.
- Active: For HTTP and USB audio types, select whether the audio feed will be active and available for playing as background audio. When audio feeds are inactive, they will just play silent if used as background audio. When HTTP (streaming) audio feeds are active, they will always be pulling the streaming audio source and using network bandwidth, though audio streams generally use very low bandwidth consumption.
When you have finished, click Save to save the audio feed or Cancel to discard the configuration or changes. Configured Audio Feeds are available to use as Background Audio Source for a channel’s Image Playout setting.