Stations who use a NewTek TriCaster for live production will often ask us how to integrate that with a TelVue HyperCaster. The following guidelines should work for any TriCaster model that supports RTMP streaming.
In the TriCaster:
- Create a new TriCaster project (or open an existing one).
- Once within that project, find the Stream button, and click the gear icon next to it to access the stream configuration menu.
- Click New Connection and choose Custom.
- Name the new connection something logical, such as TelVue or HyperCaster.
- For Server Address, enter rtmp://<IP_of_hypercaster>/telvue-rtmp. If you are streaming from on the same network as the HyperCaster, enter the local IP address of the HyperCaster for <IP_of_hypercaster>. If streaming from outside the HyperCaster’s local network, enter the external IP address. If you are streaming from outside the local network, you will need to ensure there is a port forwarding rule in place on your firewall.
- For Stream ID, choose a logical name, such as studio, remote, tricaster, etc. This is case sensitive.
- Leave the username and password fields blank.
- For the type, choose RTMP from the dropdown list.
- Choose the 1280×720 1024k profile.
- Click OK.
In the HyperCaster:
- Log in to the HyperCaster’s user interface and navigate to the Config tab.
- On the Config tab, click on Live Streams.
- Click on the icon to add a new stream.
- For type, choose RTMP from the dropdown list.
- Name the stream something that makes sense to you, such as TriCaster, Studio, Remote, etc.
- Enter the following in the RTMP Address field: rtmp://127.0.0.1/telvue-rtmp/
stream ID, where
stream IDis identical to the Stream ID entered in step 6 above.
- Leave Mux Rate (Mbps) field blank.
- Click Save.
NOTE: In order for the RTMP stream being pushed from the TriCaster to reach the HyperCaster from outside your local network, the port receiving the stream on your firewall must forward to port 1935 (UDP/TCP) on your HyperCaster’s management IP address. If you have a network admin who configures your router, you should consult with that person to make the configuration change.