Stations who use a NewTek TriCaster for live production will often ask us how to integrate that with a TelVue HyperCaster. The following guidelines should work for any TriCaster model that supports RTMP streaming.
In the TriCaster:
- Create a new TriCaster project (or open an existing one).
- Once within that project, find the Stream button, and click the gear icon next to it to access the stream configuration menu.
- Click New Connection and choose Custom.
- Name the new connection something logical, such as TelVue or HyperCaster.
- For Server Address, enter rtmp:///telvue-rtmp. Where is, enter the local IP address of the HyperCaster if the TriCaster is on the same network, otherwise, enter the external IP address.
- For Stream ID, choose a logical name, such as studio, remote, tricaster, etc. This is case sensitive.
- Leave the username and password fields blank.
- For the type, choose RTMP from the dropdown list.
- Choose the 1280×720 1024k profile.
- Click OK.
In the HyperCaster:
- Log in to the HyperCaster’s user interface and navigate to the Config tab.
- On the Config tab, click on Live Streams.
- Click on the icon to add a new stream.
- For type, choose RTMP from the dropdown list.
- Name the stream something that makes sense to you, such as TriCaster, Studio, Remote, etc.
- Enter the following in the RTMP Address field: rtmp://127.0.0.1/telvue-rtmp/, where is identical to the Stream ID entered in step 6 above.
- Set the Mux Rate to 5.0
- Click Save.