Use the Add TBD Program feature to make placeholders for programs that you want to schedule but do not actually have yet. For example, you might want to schedule the zoning board meeting to play several times over the next month, but the meeting won’t be recorded until tonight. Programming that has been scheduled but is not yet on the server is called “unattached content” and its thumbnail is a TBD. To make this placeholder for unattached content, click on the plus sign on the left side of the Content page. The Add TBD Program screen is displayed.
The information on the Show Content page of a TBD file is different because the content is not yet on the server. The page shows the placeholder’s expected properties.
Fill in the fields with information about the program.
- Program Metadata
- Program – The placeholder for the program. This is the name that will display in the Program Guide.
- Program Code – A code that distinguishes what type of program this is, if program codes are used in this installation.
- Episode –If the file is part of a series and each episode has a name, enter it here.
- Episode Code – A code that distinguishes what episode of a series this is, if episode codes are used in this installation.
- Short Summary: A short summary of the program.
- Description – Type a detailed description of the content.
- File Information
- Ingest Date and Time – Required. For content that has been scheduled pending its arrival, enter the date and time the content file is to be brought onto the server. To set an auto ingest date, type a date in the form MM/DD/YYYY or use a Calendar icon to choose a dateup to one year from now.
- Delete at — To remove the content from the application at a specific date and time, enter them in the boxes. Otherwise the content will remain on the server until you schedule a deletion.
- Filename – Required. Enter the filename of the content. When the content is ingested later, its filename must match this filename exactly.
- Duration – Required. Enter the expected duration of the content in HH:MM:SS format.
- Additional Metadata
- Location – Required if Require Location for Unattached Content is checked in Configuration –> Content Settings.
- Contributor – Required if Require Contributor for Unattached Content is checked in Configuration –> Content Settings. The name of the person, company, or other entity that supplied this content.
To generate a regularly-scheduled Series of TBDs, follow these instructions.
When you have finished, click the Save button.
The Add TBD Program function does not capture or import the content. Use the Record tab or your installation’s encoding equipment to capture content. Use the Import feature on the Content tab to import content onto the TelVue server.