Are you producing HD content? Do you want to broadcast in HD? Do you still need to give your carrier an SD signal?
The TelVue HD/SD Simulcast system is specifically designed for TV operations that live in “HD/SD limbo”.
With a TelVue HD/SD Simulcast system, you get:
- The ability to broadcast in HD right away, on the Internet, to multiple viewing devices
- An SD channel to deliver to cable, while being ready for HD when your cable company is ready
- The IP architecture which will see you through the next transition in digital television
The Broadcast Server
The heart of the system is the TelVue HyperCaster® – our award-winning IP Broadcast Server. Programming can go into the TelVue HyperCaster in many ways: live or pre-recorded, SD or HD. All programming is managed within the HyperCaster, and then routed through TelVue® ProVue™ IP decoders – one of which creates an SD channel, and the other creates an HD channel. The ProVue is an IP Broadcast Decoder that can support SD and HD video in MPEG-2 or H.264, automatically detect format changes in the incoming stream, and up- or down- convert accordingly. (The HyperCaster SDI model has the ProVue decoding functionality inside.) Then you have an SD channel to hand off to the cable carrier.
The HD Channel
The HD channel can be processed in the cloud as a 24/7 live stream, via a streaming encoder to TelVue® CloudCast™, the cloud-based streaming service that helps you reach all kinds of Internet-connected viewing devices:
- Get to large-screen TVs via Roku
- Reach Apple or Android mobile devices, as well as tablets, laptops and computers
- Extend your reach through the Web and social media
One of the great time-saving features of this system is the automatic up- and down-conversion of all programs. It doesn’t matter what format your source file is in.
- Keep all your original content in its native format. You can mix and match SD and HD files in your library.
- If you are broadcasting a mix of programming formats, the Simulcast system will switch seamlessly between them.
- HD content will pass through untouched, while the SD content will be properly framed for the HD channel, with no interruption in your linear stream. HD content will automatically be letterboxed for your SD channel.
- It doesn’t matter if your original content is MPEG-2 or H.264. The Simulcast system handles both formats and even mixes them on the same channel.
HyperCaster “bug” and “ticker” graphics will automatically scale to the size and resolution of each simulcast channel. With simulcast, your playback and graphics display properly for each simulcast output resolution with a single action.
The Simulcast Solution
HD/SD Simulcast means you can show off your HD production values on the Internet, and reach viewers on tablets, mobile phones, PCs, Macs, and Roku set-top boxes. Keep the SD channel you currently need for your carrier, and be ready for that HD channel when you get one.